Your workspace should be a breeding ground for creativity and productivity, not bacteria and germs.
You Will Need
* Disinfectant wipes
* A houseplant
* Antibacterial hand wipes or gel
Designate a time each day to clean your workspace with disinfectant wipes. Make sure to include your desk, phone, mouse, and keyboard.
Keep your workspace tidy and clutter-free. There will be less mess where germs can accumulate.
Green your workspace with a houseplant. Plants help filter the air and can help squelch airborne bacteria.
Clean up thoroughly before and after lunch if you eat at your desk. Wash glasses and mugs frequently. Keep refrigerated food and dry food in separate closed plastic containers in the office kitchen.
Wash your hands after each trip to the restroom. Use soap and warm water and rub vigorously for 20 seconds.
Keep antibacterial hand wipes or gel on your desk and use them when you can't get to a sink.
Avoid contact with sick co-workers. It may seem rude, but you won't be the one calling in sick the next day.
Go home or stay at home if you are sick. It's the best way to avoid contaminating your office and spreading germs to co-workers.
Fact: A University of Arizona study found the average desktop had 21,000 germs per square inch; office toilet seats only had 49.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades