Everyone gets an upset stomach from time to time. The first line of defense in this high-tech age is still old-time remedies! Watch this video to learn how to sooth an upset stomach.
You Will Need
* Peppermint or chamomile tea
* Cider vinegar
* Toast or crackers
* Over-the-counter medications
* Relaxation techniques
WARNING: If your symptoms persist or worsen, or if they are accompanied by fever, severe vomiting, or bloody stool, consult your doctor.
Step 1. Reach for relief
Grab a cola or brew an herbal tea, such as peppermint or chamomile.
Drink slowly, in small amounts.
Step 2. Try ginger or cider vinegar
Try ginger in any form, such as ginger ale, to reduce symptoms. Or take a spoonful of cider vinegar.
Step 3. Avoid certain liquids and foods
Avoid milk, coffee, alcohol, and food. When you start to feel better, eat something bland such as crackers or dry toast, and only in small quantities.
Step 4. Try over-the-counter medications
Try over-the-counter antacids for heartburn and indigestion if home remedies don't work.
Ask your pharmacist for recommendations.
Step 5. Try relaxation methods
Meditate and do breathing exercises to reduce stress, which can tie up your digestive system in knots.
Step 6. Wait it out
Wait a few hours and your stomach will likely feel much better. Ah, relief!
FACT: Peppermint oil can also be used to treat nausea, cold symptoms, headaches, and muscle and nerve pain.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades