An inflamed throat is often the first sign that you're getting sick. Help nip it in the bud with a few simple tricks.
You Will Need
* 1 lemon
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 3 tbsp. honey
* A humidifier
* Epsom salts
* Chamomile or licorice tea
Gargle a mixture of lemon juice and salt in 8 ounces warm water for one minute every hour. It will wash away mucus and improve circulation.
Drink a tea of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and honey in a glass of hot water at least three times a day.
Chamomile and licorice teas soothe a sore throat.
Keep the air moist with a cool or warm humidifier to relieve swollen air passages. Or, set out a shallow pan of water, which will evaporate and naturally humidify the air.
Don't smoke and stay clear of secondhand smoke and other airborne pollutants.
Take a hot bath with Epsom salts. The magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin and draws toxins out of the body.
Take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen to reduce swelling and discomfort.
Fact: A tonsillectomy is the second most common childhood surgery.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades