Headaches are not only painful; they can affect your work performance and zap your energy. Instead of reaching for pain pills, try these natural cures.
You Will Need
* A washcloth
* A hot water bottle
* A calming environment
* The ability to relax
Step 1: Use a cold compress
Wet a washcloth in very cold water or place a damp washcloth in the freezer for 10 minutes. Place over your forehead.
Use a few drops of peppermint oil on the cold cloth to speed relief.
Step 2: Use heat
Place a very warm washcloth or hot water bottle across your forehead. Place a heating pad across your neck and shoulders to relax tight muscles.
Step 3: Massage
Rub the painful area of your head with gentle, circular pressure for seven to 15 seconds.
Step 4: Lie quietly
Lie down in a dark, quiet room and release tension by focusing on relaxing your back, neck, and shoulders.
Step 5: Nap
Nap for an hour to "sleep off" the pain.
Step 6: Eat and drink
Eat regular meals and drink lots of water. Hunger and dehydration can cause headaches; getting proper nutrition and fluids can put the odds back in your favor.
Fact: Tension, stress, sinus congestion, lack of sleep, caffeine withdrawal, and spinal problems can all cause headaches.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades